new member in horncastle lincs

Introduce yourself here. Don't be shy we're a friendly bunch.
dingdongbell

new member in horncastle lincs

Post by dingdongbell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello to everyone , not sure how this register works , but we will get our heads around it . We own a mahindra chief that we dont know much about , but we like him . He belonged to a guy who took him trialing off road with the green oval brigade , who took the piss . The guy didnt want the jeep after that . We have a dog , who jumped in the back of the jeep & would not get out & i ended up swopping a motorcycle for the jeep . He is very battered & brused but worth saving . I hope through the register i can learn how to keep him going . The local motorshop who sell spares told me you cannot get parts for them & laughed . Regards dingdongbell .

chrisjones

Re: new member in horncastle lincs

Post by chrisjones » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Welcome.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:48 pm

The local motorshop who sell spares told me you cannot get parts for them & laughed :lol:

He is not far wrong, but we know some men who can :thumbsup: Well to be honest we can suggest the odd part that will fit or be made to fit, unfortunately there is no dealer network in this part of the world and the marqe never was well supported from the start over here, just a few owned by a bunch of mad idiots who frequent this forum and some of us have been mad for over 20 years so there is no helping us now apart from a padded cell with the keys thrown away.

Welcome to the Sanitorium. :wave: :hello: :mod:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Welcome, I've learned so much from the guys on here :thumbsup:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Welcome along :hello:

holte999

Post by holte999 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi and welcome :wave: The guys on here are a great source of info and advice, good luck with your jeep.
Who are these guys that took the piss, give us the info and we will go round and sort them ;)

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Those who take the piss out of a person because of his ride are little more than anally retentive morons, :glare: with little or no sense of motoring history.

You say your 1/4 ton is battered and bruised; well not worry mate the guy's on here are the best. Try and get some pictures of your truck posted ASAP.

...and welcome aboard :hello:

dingdongbell

Post by dingdongbell » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Many thanks for the support , we will overcome them . Already got the new hazard switch coming , & making plans to go driving , regards dingdongbell .

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:56 am

Good to have you And :good: your Chief on here!
Nuns!! no sense of humour!

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Welcome to alans site .its been going a long time and people come and go, but alan and keith keep it going, and we all know of parts that fit and can be made to fit :wave:

magnarider0

Post by magnarider0 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Welcome my friend,
it is a good site and plenty of professional help. I’ve just got a new engine arrived today to fit from advice on here, last week knocked up some windscreen wipers for an MOT. It’s all good fun and good to be different. :taunt:
Cheers Kez :wave: