Helloooooo

Introduce yourself here. Don't be shy we're a friendly bunch.
Ieuan

Re: Helloooooo

Post by Ieuan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:58 pm

try this link - Tony has done what you want to do:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1853

Might be worth sending him a PM and see if he has more pics?

The grill is from a Brave, but not a de-lux, so round lights - I'm not planning a bonnet chop, so the rounds lights will be enough for me :thumbsup:

cheers

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:47 pm

rangerstuart wrote:VERY impressive, was it hard to make the changes, looks the biz have to be fair. Is that on a Brave or a stockman?
You can hardly tell the difference.
Have you changed the dash as well?

I brought the jeep with all the hard work already done. I am just adding to the look now, with a few extra's. I have now fitted a Willys WW2 steering wheel, I also have a set of 16" steel wheels which I am in the process of refurbing and will fit a set of bar grip tyres when finished. I also have the bits to change the exhaust to the same as a Willy's, then its just all the little bits like black out lights, back seat etc.

I also do re-enacting, so this worked out ideal for events and for my off roading.

rangerstuart

Post by rangerstuart » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:59 pm

thats what i thought as well, me and my son cover 2nd rangers 29th infantry and 82nd airborne

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 am

I do 101st airborne as well as Air Force. I also do civilian dress depending on the event. This weekend I am at GWR railway near Cheltenham. Helps that my partner is a 1940s singer and entertainer.

Must say I have had so much fun with the jeep since I had it, but next weekend will be my first time off reading her. I normally off road in a Jeep Wrangler 4ltr sport which is tricked out

polly

Post by polly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Its definitely more work than it first looks to chop a Mahindra down to a low hood model.

Lots of little jobs you dont allow for.

Ive went for the CJ2A / 3A grill. I used repro MB wings, Bonnet and Windscreen. (i made a pigs ear of modifying the wings.)

The whole thing is in bits waiting to be painted then re assembled.

Im going for a civilian look so the body work has to be better for gloss paint. It would have been easier to go for the flat OD.

Building a WW2 rep would be harder in other ways. like getting the correct lights. mirrors and accessories. I used or adapted a lot of stuff i already had.

here is what it looks like now.
IMG_0431[1].jpg
I dont get much time with my job so its all taken considerably longer than I thought. (and i get easily distracted)

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Difficult to say from a photo but it doesn't look that far away from completion. It'll look good. :thumbsup:

I notice you blanked off the air vents. Me too, one side rotted out - I found it easier to cut out both and weld in a couple of patches. Good luck with it.