New and happy member

Introduce yourself here. Don't be shy we're a friendly bunch.
Andy4033

New and happy member

Post by Andy4033 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi everyone
I have just taken delivery of a 1992 Mahindra Convertible INDIAN CHIEF in the mountains of France near Andorra so just the ticket. Andrea (that’s the wife) and I are looking forward to running round the hills fetching and carrying and when the weather turns bad as it will I’m sure still able to get to town shopping. Well it would be if I could find a little more information on it, apart from only about 3 of the 10 light cluster working and all the other gages a bit suspect it was delivered with a 12 month MOT and TAX wonderful I here you say!! Well it would be if the ebreak stopped the vehicle from moving forward in idle and with no manual or reference apart from the obvious, nut on the end of the cable with no joy. The tyres apart from being to big, knobby and rubbing the inner wings are delaminating and some of the chunks have fallen off. The Battery a monster off a truck (me thinks) starts the jeep eventually but takes an age to turn will have to go, along with the rear side seats all bent and distorted from someone sitting on then. Taking her out for a run the first thing that hits you is the sever lack of control in direction, unless massive amounts of movement are made by the wheel (due to the tyers I hope) and what must be the crowing glory is the turning circle of the QE2. Ooow that joy we will have. Looking forward to some intrusting times spent under the bonnet. Thanks A&A France.

Alan
Site Owner

Re: New and happy member

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

Welcome to the madhouse Andy :hello:

holte999

Post by holte999 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Bonjour :wave: We you have come to the right place. The steering is a bit vague normally. I suppose you need to check all the joints etc, there is some adjustment on the steering box. You can also get a workshop manual for a few pound from Alan who runs this site.

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Welcome to Alans site

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:19 pm

As holte999 points out the steering can be interesting but it shouldn't be scary. Grab a spanner and screwdriver and give the steering box a tweek.

Welcome btw. :hello: