new member from Australia

Introduce yourself here. Don't be shy we're a friendly bunch.
peterha

new member from Australia

Post by peterha » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:01 am

Hi all you Mahindra owners. I have just bought a XUV500, 2.2 diesel AWD, new but built in 2014
are there any other XUV owners out there ???

stephen

Re: new member from Australia

Post by stephen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Gidday Pete,

Whereabouts in Oz do you call home?

There are a few of us here - one in Qld, a couple of others in the eastern states and over here in W.A. there are 3 or 4 of us.
There are also a few in the N.Z. that drop in every so often, and a bloke in the Solomons [??] has at least one.

As far as I know, everyone on this forum tend to be "olde schoole" Mindie owners, of the CJ3 / CJ4 / CJ5 varieties.

I have only recently seen a few of the newer models of Mindies on the road around here, I dont think they have had huge sales volumes yet, being kinda small fry compared to the usual commercial utilities offered by toyota, nisssan, ford and the like - and with sales of the Chinese utes picking up, the Mahindra market share might be pretty slim.

Tell us about your XUV500, any tech stuff you can share.....we like tech stuff, and photos!
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

peterha

Post by peterha » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:51 pm

thanks Stephen

I'm in Brisbane, in my 70's, just retired, never thought I'd own a INDIAN vehicle at this stage of my life when every dollar is spent wisely as we are blue collar workers and our income was very ordinary. As we are planning to go around Australia as a grey nomad, bought a 21' caravan and wanted a diesel AWD to tow it and couldn't go past the XUV500's price of $29,000. As we have been to India on 2 occassions and know the horrible state of their roads thought that they would have to be made strong !!! Here in Brisbane there is only one authorized dealer of spare parts and they don't have the best reputation. My XUV500 has done 20,000 kms in 8 mths and I decided to give my local mechanic who I have dealt with for years the next SERVICE, but he is having trouble with the dealer in getting just the basic consumables like filters, etc. Do you know of a independant supplier of MAHINDRA parts here in Australia ?
now for the SORRY bit, just had my first accident in over 20 yrs., just the LH front wheel and surrounds (but the mercedes was more heavily damaged at around 20 kph.) will be interesting to see how the dealer responds to the parts request this time ??
thanks Stephen

stephen

Post by stephen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi again Peter,

The only Aussie contact I have had with Mahindra dealerships was a couple of years ago - I was seeing if the "new" dealers could source parts for our old CJ3 type mindies,

The bloke below went out of his way to contact Mahindra's head office and trade school for service manuals and powerpoint type training material as used to teach Mahindra tradies regarding diff's, transfercases, gearboxes, and engines.

He went much further than I expected to help me out - if he is still there he should be able to help you.

==================
Russell Thiele

National Aftersales Manager
Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty Ltd

Phone: +61 (0) 2 8545 8386 | Fax: +61 (0) 2 9524 2978 | Mob+61 (0) 422308120

Email: russell.thiele@mahindraautomotive.com.au | Web: www.mahindrapikup.com.au

===========================

Alternatively - often basic stuff like air, oil and fuel filters are common with other vehicles - cross referencing from catalogues might be the way to go.
Maybe our favourite supplier in India - Ahmed - can help, he has been a godsent to me and a lot of the others here.

Stephen
Stephen
--------------

peterha

Post by peterha » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:27 am

Stephen

thanks again. I',m a little confused. My mechanic went to his normal after market supplier for the 3 filters he needed, and they couldn't supply him. How do I cross reference other vehicle manuals to see if there is other similar parts supplied by others ???

the head office honcho from Mahindra isn't going to give me info on how to get parts outside Mahindra is he ??

can you give me the contact info for this other guy in India ?? I have asked my friends in India to get these basic parts and will let you know the outcome

Peter

stephen

Post by stephen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Here is Ahmed's email address

niceindia786@gmail.com

Many of us on the forum have been helped by Ahmed, he has supplied me with brake components that are unobtainable here, as well as axle bump stop rubbers.

Mahindra might have thier own part numbering system - once you have replacements you might be able to use dimensions to see what else fits.

If Ahmed is unable to supply filters [which I doubt very much] you might be able to use an aftermarket remote mounted oil filter, and similar for the fuel filter system.

However - I wouldnt worry too much just yet - Ahmed is pretty damn good!

All the best,
Stephen
--------------

stephen

Post by stephen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:33 pm

I just did a quick search on the 'net and this popped up,

I am not sure if this is the correct service kit for your XUV500, but if you give them a call and supply chassis number / VIN no. etc they should be able to help.

http://4wdindustries.com.au/mahindra-xu ... nuine.html
Stephen
--------------

peterha

Post by peterha » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Fabulous Stephen, thanks heaps

Peter