chapel gate

All about laning. Organised outings, advice and information
monsterc10
Technical Expert

chapel gate

Post by monsterc10 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 pm

has anyone done the chapel gate lane in derbyshire , its a very good lane and well worth doing i think , very good to do this time of the year as its been washed out quite abit , you would have to drive down it unless running lockers now as its pretty ruff . have a look on youtube as there's a couple of vids but they dont really show how steep it really is . stanage edge is also a good lane and worth doing .
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

kev
Technical Expert

Re: chapel gate

Post by kev » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 pm

nice lane :good: ,how many lanes have you were you go.looking at doing a sunday with you aif thats ok

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi mate , yes that would be great i think , to be quite honest there are loads of lanes in derbyshire , some are quite tame and ok for a road going 4x4 and some are really bad like chaple gate , stanage edge and chinley steps etc to name a few , have a look on youtube . the clips i have put on here of the other day only show a very small part of the chaple gate track ( the chapel gate lane takes well over a hour to drive i think if there is a few of you so isnt a short lane ) , my mate is having probs loading them on youtube , even on the vid you cant see how steep it really is . hope to see you out with us in the near future , but be prepared as you could get a little body damage on the bad lanes , well not really if you take your time . :grin:

John C

Post by John C » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Yes, Mad Hilda and I have been up and down Chapel Gate a few years ago - good lane. Stanage Edge too... The code of conduct for Stanage is now to drive down it but it's still worth doing.

Went over Houndkirk Moor the other weekend; can't believe the damage some dickheads - bikes and 4x4s - have done driving off the track at the Fox House end. They're going to ruin it for us all.

JC

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi JC , yes Stanage is still a good lane and i do agree wth the code for driving down it to save on damage to the track . Chaple gate is now abit of a mess due to water erosion and has changed a hell of alot in the last 12 month . i've also seen the mess they have made around fox house and redmire's where theyve been driving off the lanes making play area's , if thats what there going for why dont they go on a pay and play day , then they can have as much fun and make as much mess as they like . The minority always spoil it for the rest , but then we all get looked upon the same as the bad offroaders .