Technical Expert

Re: Laning day - 15 March 09 - Shropshire

Post by kev » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 am

looks like us too only then

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

To darn far for us to travel m8's and not got one to offroad in now, Mumbles the marksman needs lotsa TLC before shes legal again :bye:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 pm

any laning by u keith

Cooter

Post by Cooter » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

sory no i have a gearbox mod to do on a jeep this weekend
I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 am

sorry but i wont be able to make it as i'm fixing up a 4.2 nissan patrol at the moment , it would of been nice to see if the lanes you lot from down south play on are as mean as the one's in derbyshire :tease:
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:39 am

No guys its a bit sorta flat down this way, but we do have some fair pay n play sites and several old private sand/gravel and chalk pits/quarries. and on the farm there's some good bits similar to Halford.

The A12 and M25 are good for laning :D sitting in a jam not being able to change lanes :blackeye: not very green thou.

The forrest tracks at Thetford used to be great fun till the Forestry commision shut it all down and gated most of it. There is the odd bridle way but not a lot thats challenging or worth shouting about. not like some of the lanes i've seen up your way. :yahoo:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:36 pm

shame would be nice to have some more mindys on the sean :cool:

phil

Post by phil » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Sorry can't make it. Only tax mine in the summer
Phil R

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 pm

I must say I do Miss my old Bin-Laden Beast, heavily modded Nissan Patrol str 6, 3.6ltr home brew turbo, 33" boots, SOA, Total heavy allround body defenders. Great for Tesco shopping of course, now that was a force to be recond with, not many places that couldn't go. Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys, (only joking) But alas its gone forever now, Shame, because that would have been great for Laning with you guys.

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:47 pm

yea the old patrols are a pretty good old bus , the 4.2 i'm doing is a 93 swb with LSD as standard , it should make a good towing motor as has plenty of power , i'm still welding it up at the moment , but i dont just bang plates on like alot do , i cut metal out and fit the same size back in and make section's etc , makes a nice job if done correctly but takes alot longer , so i can understand why people just bang plates on in one respect . Thats the problem with old landrover's and beetle's etc , about 30 years of bad repairs and they take alot of sorting out to make nice again , and alot of people wont take that on , or do then give up .
It would be a good motor for laning as its got 8" rims with 31" at's but makes it abit to wide for some of the lane's near me as its a chunky little thing .
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING