Post your photo's in here
cheiftain
Technical Expert

Cheiftain

Post by cheiftain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:45 am

IMAG1217.JPG
IMAG1027sml.JPG
IMAG0994sml.JPG
Last edited by cheiftain on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

mi-go-a-go-go

Re: Cheiftain

Post by mi-go-a-go-go » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 pm

That looks great

Once i've sorted the rear springs and the indicators thats how i wan't mine to look.

:clapping:

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:39 pm

nice pics Chieftain! hope mine will look good when finished!

Doug
Nuns!! no sense of humour!

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:54 am

forgot to include one of the back. Doh!!
IMAG1229.JPG
and one of Mumbles the Marksman,
marksman.jpg
And In The True Spirit Of India and The British Empire,
We have just aquired at great expence, A New Horse For The Stable. (not Mindy but what a LiL Beauty)
37d5_1.JPG
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

seat belt arrangment

Post by cheiftain » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:09 pm

as promised a pic showing seat belt arrangment for MB seats. only 3 points used. centre and side original and reel bolted to floor, underside reinforced.
double click picture for larger veiw.
IMAG1038sml.JPG

aztec

Post by aztec » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:26 am

Ha! I know that picture.....believe it or not I was looking at them all today. Hi mate, do you remember me (aztec), I asked you to send me photos of how you did your seats ages ago (2 years maybe)? Seems like a long time ago anyway. I think there were only 3 of us that had 'milatarised' our jeeps back then and now it looks to have become very popular - there are some fantastic photos on here now that rather put mine to shame :-) Great stuff.

Just popped back for a look around and it seems to have all changed, had to re-register to get back on too. All looks very exciting now. I've still got the old Indian Army one but couldn't resist buying a second that I'm in the process of doing up and turning into an Iraqi army replica kitted out for desert action - I'll send some pics once it's a bit more complete.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 am

I knew I remembered that name !! welcome back m8. i've explained in your introduction the change that took place. great to see you back again.

did the seatbelt system work out ok for you ? :good:

aztec

Post by aztec » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:11 am

So glad you remember me - you were a great source of help and inspiration. It wasn't really the seatbelts I was asking about when you sent me all those photos but rather to find out just how you modified your Willys seats to fit in the Mahindra. Well, following your example they worked perfectly - thank you. I don't expect you recall but I only live in Essex so maybe I'll come up and pay you a surprise visit one day :-)

Cheers m8

cheiftain
Technical Expert

at the flying club

Post by cheiftain » Sat May 09, 2009 9:32 pm

WW2 Piper Cub and miss siagon together for the day.
at flying club1.JPG
at flying club2.JPG
at flying club3.JPG
at flying club4.JPG

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Re: at the flying club

Post by monsterc10 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:48 pm

very nice pic's :good: i quite like how you've mounted the spade :cool: , better than notching the tub out and welding some tube in like i have been thinking about for a while , a very good plus point of having a 540 , as it has room to do that unlike on the brave .
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Sun May 10, 2009 2:59 am

Yup, the simple truth is, if Keith did it that way, then that was the right way to do it . . . :good:

firequeen

Post by firequeen » Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 am

Don't make his head too big Alan, it won't fit through the door soon! :lol: :lol:
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional !!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
"Oh C**P.......she's awake!! "

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sun May 10, 2009 5:42 pm

great pics!!
as for the spade mount,,,,I used this, no cutting required :good:
http://www.jeeparts.co.uk/Jeeparts/home ... n=0&page=2 about halfway down the page :hello:
Nuns!! no sense of humour!

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

yes thats mount i'm planning on using :good: but with the bulldog spade i have ( very strong bit of kit ) , i would need to notch the side of the tub out like on a mb / gpw etc because if not it makes the handle stick out a mile , i have a shorter handle military spade for a jeep but it looks a little lost on the side of a 540 :unsure:
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Alan wrote:Yup, the simple truth is, if Keith did it that way, then that was the right way to do it . . . :good:
Thanks Alan!
Just cos I did it that way don't make it right, :read: JUST easier than buggering about with the welder again. :grin: