armourerdoug - new WW2 jeep project

Post your photo's in here
cheiftain
Technical Expert

Re: armourerdoug - new WW2 jeep project

Post by cheiftain » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:47 am

Good luck for the MOT Doug :thumbsup: , will be great to see what they make of it. :scratch:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, they know my history of military Rolls Royce helicopter engines , my hot rods, drag cars, monster truck etc so I will use the force from a distance and tell them it's all good( which of course, it is as you can see by my build pics ;) )
I will post what happens monday :good:
Nuns!! no sense of humour!

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Not Good! :blackeye:
Breaks all seized up when they warned up and caused it to overheat :banghead: so new water pump and rad cap to go on and a full system flush, brakes will be looked at and maybe the pushrod behind the Master cylinder needs winding in a touch, so luckily my mates are looking in to it while I am away :good:

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Ok brake push rod adjusted and all AOK!! New water pump and rad cap fitted, is at 80 deg after 45 mins stationary, goes to 100 deg when driving but doesn't overheat, going to to have my new rad fitted next, looking good for mot finally! :good:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:47 pm

:good: :yahoo:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Good luck

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Quick update, MOT will be next week, new rad fitted and ready to go! :good: I get back from filming in Tenerife in 2 weeks, so hoping to be able to drive the T25 on the roads! :beg:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 pm

that will be a long awaited experience. would love to see the faces of the old bill as you trundle past :yahoo:

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:10 pm

The local trafic cops know me and have done for many years, they probably won't look twice! :lol: it was December 2000 I started this project, working away has slowed me down , but it's been fun, not sure what I will do next :scratch:

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:16 am

[quote="armourerdoug"]The local trafic cops know me and have done for many years, they probably won't look twice! :lol: it was December 2000 I started this project, working away has slowed me down , but it's been fun, not sure what I will do next :scratch:[/quote
Doug, working away too long !! ........Don't you mean December 2010, I know it may seem a long job, but 12 years !!!

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:06 am

:lol: yep thank you for pointing out my typographical error mate! :hello: 2010!,,,
And Iceland( country not shop),Bulgaria ( not great uncle from Wimbledon) and now tenerife( can't think of anything for this :P ), also , shoulder/hand / eye surgery has all slowed up proceedings :banghead: but it's mostly done, but as all our jeeps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,work in progress ;)

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm

cheiftain wrote:that will be a long awaited experience. would love to see the faces of the old bill as you trundle past :yahoo:
meant to tell you,,,,we have 2 chieftan tanks on this film and two lightwieghts we have made to go 70mph :good:

so,,,here is the nose art that now brightens the front of the T25... :yahoo:
008.JPG
012.JPG

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 pm

very tastey me likey a loty. oh matron. :lol:

holte999

Post by holte999 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Love the artwork :blush:

chrisjones

Post by chrisjones » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

You've done a crackin' job.

I look forward to getting a chance to see her in the flesh at some point.