How to post your pics - Instructions here

Post your photo's in here
Alan
Site Owner

How to post your pics - Instructions here

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:38 pm

As normal click on the 'New Topic' icon. A new page opens for you to create your post. Down the page a little you will find this box.
Image1.jpg
Click on the 'Browse' button and this box will open (something very similar to this anyway, this is my PC)
Image2.jpg
select the photo you want and then click the 'Open' button.
Image4.jpg
This results in the file name appearing in the selection box.
Image5.jpg
If you are satisfied this is the right file / picture then click the 'Add the File' button. This results in this box appearing while the file gets sent to the webserver.
Image7.jpg
When it finishes uploading (time taken depends on file size and your internet connection speed) the posting screen you were looking at will refresh and this new bit will appear.
Image8.jpg
This is a list of images you have uploaded for the post (there may be more than one) Select the pic you want and click the 'Place inline' button. This results in the following code appearing in your text box.
Image9.jpg
Type around the bits of code and 'Submit' it as normal. The above resulted in the following appearing.
Image10.jpg
I hope that helps :P

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Re: How to post your pics - Instructions here

Post by cheiftain » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 pm

the pics need to be .jpg and as small a number of kilobytes as you can and still get a decent photo. around 200k seems to work well.
but i'm sure someone will prove me wrong and upload a 12meg picture. :bye:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

Alan
Site Owner

Re: How to post your pics - Instructions here

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm

Keith is bang on the money there, anything bigger than 1024 x 768 pixels will get rejected by the server so edit it first :good:

jpg - jpeg - png - tga - tif - tiff or gif extensions are all fine to use.

Use this online editor to resize your pictures for you. I have used it and it is nice and easy :good:

Free Online Picture Resizer