Ieuan's new Marksman!

Post your photo's in here
Ieuan

Re: Ieuan's new Marksman!

Post by Ieuan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 am

One more..Amazing what a bit of time and effort with an understanding wife can do!
Attachments
20130617_100932.jpg

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:45 pm

That looks alot better Ieuan !

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Much better than Blur, sorry ment blue. :D
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

stephen

Post by stephen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 am

Looking awesome!!

now we just need to lose the plastic dash, find a proper steering wheel and some 16's with bartreads or supertraxions ;)
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks all.........16's on their way soon, I already have the wheels (just need tidying and painting) and hopefully visiting Chris on Friday to pick up tyres. Seats ordered and coming in a few weeks (more money spent, don't tell the Mrs! :blackeye: )

I think I'm going to live with the dash as hoping we mite get a little bit of a summer this year, so the Dash and steering wheel will be covered in the 'winter jobs, along with the lights and hood (As it's a LWB, I'll have to have a canvas top custom made so need to save for a bit)

Next pics when the wheels are on.......(few weeks I guess)

Cheers

holte999

Post by holte999 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Looking good ;) Your efforts have inspired me to do a bit, converted the headlamps to have side lights in, moved indicators from the wing to the old side light position, thus freeing up the wings to be chopped and reshaped to more WWII Willys Jeep style, just one prob.... I cant weld :unsure:

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:35 pm

holte999 wrote:Looking good ;) Your efforts have inspired me to do a bit, converted the headlamps to have side lights in, moved indicators from the wing to the old side light position, thus freeing up the wings to be chopped and reshaped to more WWII Willys Jeep style, just one prob.... I cant weld :unsure:
An issue that can be easily rectified. Checking out local colleges to see if any are hosting evening welding courses might do it. Failing that getting a hold of a Mig welder and just jumping in might do the trick. There seems to be quite a few on line tutorials that are interesting. Not forgetting of course that there are some talented blokes on here that can walk you thru'.

Here's a taster to squint at; ;)

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/tutorial.htm

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Give it a go Stewart :thumbsup: Welding is also on my list of things to learn

What did you need to do/buy to move the side lights? I'd be interested to know as I would prefer to have my side lights incorporated in the headlights as well, then only need indicators on the grill

Bad news on the wheels, my so called 16" wheels turned out to be 15" - I found this out at the tyre place today!!!!! :-( So I now only have 1 x 16" instead of 5 x 16"

So wheel/tyre plan now on back burner....listing wheels on eBay tonight and emailed the bloke I got them from as well

Cheers

holte999

Post by holte999 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

[quote=

What did you need to do/buy to move the side lights? I'd be interested to know as I would prefer to have my side lights incorporated in the headlights as well, then only need indicators on the grill

[/quote]

It turned out dead easy, when I checked the headlights they all ready had the fitting for a sidelight, just a matter of getting some bulbs and rewiring, the old sidelights and indicators were identical so just swopped them :grin:

Had a look on here how the wings were done and doesn't look too bad, my mate has a welder so we do it together.

I approached several local garages about the work but none had the skills or equipment any more , they are just MOT testers or replace bits .

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 pm

had a look at my headlights and at the bottom saw that not only do I have the side-light connection, both already have bulbs in there! :thumbsup: So should be a straight forward job for me when I get round to it......taking the suspension spacers out soon, so will make a big difference to the height.

And finally, I may have sorted my wheels out, original seller will refund me the difference on whatever I sell them for - and I'm hopefully picking up 3 possibly 4 x 16" CJ wheels next week from Universal Jeeps :thumbsup:

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I know it's simple switch but just in case a new owner is thinking of doing the same, I thought a pic with original side lamp marked might be handy. :)
DSCN0796.JPG

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Ieuan wrote:
And finally, I may have sorted my wheels out, original seller will refund me the difference on whatever I sell them for - and I'm hopefully picking up 3 possibly 4 x 16" CJ wheels next week from Universal Jeeps :thumbsup:
Interesting, as I have been on the waiting list since February for a set of wheels. Never mind I did get a set myself in the end.
Glad you managed to sort the ebay purchase out.

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Rang him in the week and three had only just come in.....he may have more coming as well - I'll have a look next week and post an update here

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Well picked my new Wheels up last week (16" from Chris's mate) and had my new 750 x 16" ex MOD wheels fitted on Friday - got round to putting them on today, although not got the correct wheel nuts, so there are a mixture on there in the pics (New large ones coming soon I hope).

What a difference the wheels/tyres make to the look of her, really happy with how things have turned out.

Only issue, is the spare is too big for my set-up, so I think I'm going to have to order a willys style wheel carrier, that'll lift the wheel higher - so got my 650 x 16" wheel/tyre on there for now

Side steps coming off soon thanks to picking up 2 new ones from Chris down in Taunton :thumbsup: and of course seats at some point in the near future :)

Cheers
Attachments
20130630_152817.jpg
20130630_152825.jpg
20130630_152833.jpg

Phil.

Post by Phil. » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Nice one - looking very tidy. :D

I know what you mean about the spare wheel. I had the same problem with the bumperetts getting in the way plus I wanted my rear lights to be more visible - hence I knocked up that mod which allowed me to mount it higher. Sure you can't do something similar, it'll save you a few bob?

DSCN1189.JPG
DSCN1189.JPG (121.94 KiB) Viewed 6787 times