cj 4a rebuild

Post your photo's in here
cj4a nz

Re: cj 4a rebuild

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:45 am

well I should really follow advice when I get it :blush:
finally got the box out today,had to remove the bell housing 1/2 way thru the job! only smacked my finger once the clutch was stuck really well on to fly wheel,will try a find a replacement since it's off and replace the front seal in gear box looks like its weeping
the oil I have removed looks more like caramel than oil still hav't plucked up the courage to check the engine oil but have finally recived the bill from the garage not that bad since he got it running nicely
heres the gear box

till next time

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 am

cj4a nz wrote:well I should really follow advice when I get it :blush:

till next time
Been there done that, thats why I said lump out :lol:
for some reason our clutches seem to form some sort of super glue when they get wet. it is possible to free them by tow jerk pulling them with the clutch down, then burn them off with some slipage to dry them out.

wish you luck :good: getting the box out is the easy part wait till you go to lift it back in. :cry: :scratch: :rant:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:25 am

am going to talk nicely to my neighbour with a tractor about lifting the engine out fot the box and replace :blush:

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:42 am

gee it's been a while since I have added anything on here, but sadly she is currently on the market
not that really suitable for the club I'm in and it's the only club that will let trailer queens in and still be insured for 3rd party damage (mainly fires)
if she doesn't sell it will be heart transplant time as I kind of nipped the current engine up at the last mudplug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udXMFAdDX0k I'm at 2 and 8 mins from memory
apparently I need to watch the oil pressure gauge a bit more :blush: the ouil pressure light didn't go on :grin:

till next time
Warren

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:21 am

well I have to inform you lot this fine vehicle is currently under offer
I will point the new owner this way for the invaluable info on here

till next time
Warren