Well done Warren :good:

Get your Alternator upgraded soon ;)

cj4a nz

Re: cj 4a rebuild

Post by cj4a nz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 am

well put these sticker on the front window

the top one is a warrant of fitness
the bottom is regastration
so now road legal and running better so plan to leave and use her a bit but not trusting her for going to work yet

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Well done :yahoo:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Well done, don't them little stickers look neat :good:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 am

yep they do look good do have a couple of isuse to do as have freindly mechanic :grin: but have dealt with him professonaly for the last 6 + years but the thing that impressed me were how the brakes pulled up,I havn't bedded them in properly
and as stated here before it never finishes am looking at buying mig welder to finsh bar/cage and damage for when it leans against something solid!!!!!!!!!!
still want to move the bumber back 2 or3" and mite end up replaceing rear bumper not happy with it found a bit much rust in it after doing all the work with the body off and want to put bars over wheel arch's and it will need extending and same at the front incorperation front bars prob just in front of the grill as still waiting for a hand winch to arrive off a series 1 or 2 landy :shock: :shock: so will need some swinging room for the handle well off to bed as up a 0445 to go to work

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 am

well after a few hicups round here attacked the jeep yesterday adj the rite rear bearing turned her around to do left side a went all wrong from the time i removed the tyre :banghead:
flange nut loose like really loose and the drive flange the same :scratch: whipped the lot off and shock horror the flange broken from the taper right to the flange it self :blush: then went well grabbed my spare cleaned it up a fitted it check a couple of things and added 5 ks to the odometer driving round the local roads lots aof looks and felt ok to drive
have jacked up play for sunday to see what else i can find wrong
but feeling great at the moment

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 am

still feeling great and went for a play i will let the pics do all the talking
Attachments
IMG_1627.JPG
IMG_1617.JPG

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 am

a couple of weeks late due to earth quakes 700 plus so far
got some work done have new rings,gaskets etc and almost finished my exhaust stack just the s/s cover to fit now is in display this weekend and mud plug on the 17 October
and here the ugly looking Weber carb that is slowly being fitted parts of old solex carb and adaptor from redline hop it works has been done before I believe
till next up date and noticed my warrant ran out 2 months ago,gees i muck around !

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 am

well jeep spent weekend surounded by other 4wd at local big boys day out runs ok but still need tune up
at least it's getting out and about
mud plug 4 weeks away yah

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:04 am

well with computer dieing twice latey have not added I had entered a comp locally and didn't quite finsh the day,rear main seal started leaking really badly had 4 ltrs oil when I left the comp,trailered home 2 1/2ltrs when I dropped the oil :scratch: large patch on the floor of the garage :bye:
have now replaced the seal and in the middle of doing the carb change as well but most importantly have pic's of me NOT in the garage

but enjoyed the day out and found a few new problems
till next time

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:52 am

well can breath filtered air as mark 3 inlet on yeppie
and
now have to tidy up the wire that was running behind the old air filter and block the holes up
and a new wof to make it road legal .....again ,but not the only one on here with that feeling

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 am

struth it's been a while since thew last up date current in the garage not going :shock: :shock: and cook the clutch in my daily driver pushing it in there :blush:
well have moved out of town living in the snow and rain in a caravan but jeep still has a roof over her head had a little play today before she died in my new 1/2 arce section with a couple of stumps
and look mum only 3 wheels touching
off to the doctors this week if fund's allow as mud plug in a couple of weeks

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

well been to the doc's haven't seen the bill yet :scratch: picked it up at 1145 pm sat loaded on the trailer and off to the mud plug the next day all good till just before lunch on the trailer :blush: bent both front tow hooks, drivers seat spent 20 mins+ underwater and starter mtr wouldn't engage the ring gear so tow start and on to the trailer I have replace the starter now have lost the clutch and the replacement starter has packed up grrrrrrrrrrr
trying to get in the garage to drop the gearbox so I can see whats going on :banghead:
I hate my jeep at the moment

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:05 pm

drop the box? much easier to pull the lump out, box velly velly heavy, stuggle strain. :shock:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

am planing to pull starter out first :grin: box is easier for me to drop that than the mtr but found I bent the front right spring as well grrrrr glad I have a spare or 3
thanks for you advise