I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!

The place to discuss the Register itself
Ieuan

I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!

Post by Ieuan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:40 am

I joined the register a few months ago, but no recent posts as I've been looking and looking for a Mahindra, well......I just managed to win one on eBay (What have I done!!!!!! :beg: ).

Here's the link, I saw that it was posted on this site a few days agao, I paid £820 for it (well will be paying when I pick it up):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270824275781? ... 1497.l2649

But would appreciate your thoughts comments on it - I've owner old Land rovers in the past, but fancied something different, but do not know anything about these lovely looking jeeps (Expect many questions over the next few months :grin: )

I'll take a load of pics at the weekend and post on here

Really looking forward to your comments and feedback - need to sort insurance and transportation out now (Either train and drive back or trailer it back home)

Cheers
Ieuan

Alan
Site Owner

Re: I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!!!!

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Well done Ieuan :yahoo:

Insurance - Adrian Flux, you get a discount as a member here.
How far do you have to drive it to get home ? Don't forget these are noisy and slow (think series one, in Lardy terms ;) ) Might be better to trailer it.

When you get the chance, check what's under that chequer plate. It might be hiding something (I'm suspicious of chequer plate :grin: )
Also have a look inside the 'toolbox' under the drivers seat (take a torch)

Good luck :good:

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks Alan,

just insured her with Adrian Flux, some debate over the engine - they state it should be petrol, but V5 states diesel!

I've got 120ish miles to do, but once drove 150 miles at 55mph in a series 2 Landy, part of me fancies driving it back as it'll give me a really good chance to get to know her :)

As for the chequer plate, I'm planning on removing all of this and the bull bars etc and make it a basic jeep - I saw this picture of a WWII RN Jeep and I really like it, so while initially it won't be a full conversion, I'll start her off to look similar to this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36618304@N ... 5375057534

Longer term, I really like some of the conversions by some of the owners, so I'd like to replace seats, lights, dash etc, to try and make it look a bit more like the WWII versions....but really early days yet and I'll start off a new post on her when I'm back from holiday (She'll be nice and safe in the garage while we're all away)

Cheers
Ieuan

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Welldone

holte999

Post by holte999 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:10 am

Good luck. :yahoo: your journey may be more at 45mph, I found 50 a bit scary.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:51 am

Most of the photo's shown on this flickr page are all taken around where I live and I know of most of these motors, didn't know they had been posted.

well done on buying the Deluxe.
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Quote..........I've got 120ish miles to do, but once drove 150 miles at 55mph in a series 2 Landy, part of me fancies driving it back as it'll give me a really good chance to get to know her

You might find after 150 miles youv'e fallen out with her as well !!! lol

Good luck, nice looking jeep, and I like the square light deluxe version !

John C

Post by John C » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Welcome Ieuan!

JC

PS - all the officially imported UK Mahindras that I've ever seen were diesels.