Weston-Super-Mare Mindi Club?

The place to discuss the Register itself
Ieuan

Weston-Super-Mare Mindi Club?

Post by Ieuan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 am

Well, after owning my jeep for just over a month a mate of mine has decided to also buy one :thumbsup:

We got this one on eBay and drove up to Essex to pick it up, we were surprised to see that it was a LWD!

It has no MOT or Tax, no brakes at all......and a few holes underneath, but we're begining to work on the bodywork now (Just bought an Arc Welder from Aldi for £37!!!!!).

I see plenty of posts and a guide for the breaks on this forum, so I'll certainly be forwarding these on to him

Any thoughts on it, or does anybody know any history of this one perhaps?

Finally, at this rate, we'll soon have a Mindi club in Weston, or perhaps a South West Mindi club :)

Cheers
Ieuan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Re: Weston-Super-Mare Mindi Club?

Post by monsterc10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:31 pm

The arc welder sounds like a good buy , but i wouldnt recommend trying to weld anything on the body with it , it would be like using burning tackle / cutting torch . They are ok for welding box section etc or just about any thick metal for that matter , you could do with getting a nice mig welder , summat about 150 amp if going for a hobby welder or anything from about 130 amp up if industrial .
Anyway from the sounds of it , i think you will be buying another for yourself yet , even if you dont know it yourself :) once youve got one you always need another ( yes thats correct , need another not just want another ) ;) :grin:
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:35 pm

live the dream :good: .... i agree with the mig

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:24 pm

As ben and kev said a Mig is the best welder for the jobs in hand. unless you are a very good coded welder with an arc don't even try. they tend to do a very good imitation of thermic lance when attacking old sheet steel. :this:

this came from my end of the country but i dont recognize it. :scratch:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

Assassin

Post by Assassin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Was In Maldon Essex I saw a the day the auction ended but had missed it been working late that day
not happy as it was only 12 miles from home never mind better luck next time

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes it was, took us 3 hours to get there and 3.5 back with it sat on a hired trailer.

Thanks for all the comments on the welder, now how do I approach the wife and explain I need another one?

So with two of us owning a Mahindra now in Sunny Weston, then perhaps we need a lock-up For the spare parts jeep.....again, will need to work out how to tell 'her indoors' about the possibility of another jeep and a lock-up :shock:

Cheers

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 am

Probably cheaper to get rid of the wife :grin: :lol: :lol: you know what some are like :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: and offering to pay for a new hair do for her don't cut it anymore :yahoo:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.