Major Software upgrade

The place to discuss the Register itself
Alan
Site Owner

Major Software upgrade

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:38 am

The site software and coding we currently use is showing signs of its age and as such I will be installing a completely new system onto the server.
This will mean the site will be completely offline and/or unusable for fairly long periods over the next few days

When the new system is installed, I will then be modifying the coding to suit our needs. This will take me a quite a few hours/days and will probably mean the site will look a bit unfamiliar to you and may work a little strangely.

Be assured it will be functional as soon as possible, this my investment in the future security and integrity of the site for your continued use.

Cheers

Alan.

Cooter

Re: Major Software upgrade

Post by Cooter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 am

ok mate will bear with you i think the same may be true over on birtys about needing some tweeks
I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 am

Well thats the new software in and running :yahoo:

Only took me a few hours :banghead:

Bear with me over the next few days and I will write the code to make it look nice and pretty again :cool:

It should all function smoothly, please let me know if you have any difficulties or find any errors with its functions :good:

Alan.

PS. the 'technical links currently don't work, I am in the process of uploading them to the server :grin:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Well that's a prettier set of clothes, It's not the final result though. Some more editing needs doing because some of it doesn't quite fit properly. :read:

And it might all change yet if I don't like it :lol:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Well that's a bit easier on the eye.

All the site should now be fully functional, let me know if you find its not the case :good:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Wed May 04, 2016 2:25 pm

For those of you who use Tapatalk on your phones and tablets, this is now installed and running. :yahoo:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Wed May 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Testing testing
Wahoo it works [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cj4a nz

Post by cj4a nz » Fri May 13, 2016 11:13 am

it's a nice fresh layout thanks for your time :) :good:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Major software update completed. Let me know of any errors if you find any :good:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm

I've done it again :lol:
A new system is now up and running. I've been forced into it by the stupid amount of spam and fake users that have been flooding the site for the last few months. Between us Keith, Kev and myself have deleted over 1500 fake users and nearly 3000 spam posts. Fortunately I have managed to filter them out of the main site and only the three of us could see them.

The new system has a much more robust anti spam system and hopefully will reduce the occurrence back to normal levels of a couple a month.

The layout and colour scheme of the site will change as I install and change various bits of code, but for now its functional again with it's plain Jane default clothes.