Copyright

The place to discuss the Register itself
Alan
Site Owner

Copyright

Post by Alan » Wed May 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Please note, all content on this website is copyrighted.

Users are NOT allowed to copy information from this website and publish them on other websites.

Alan
Site Owner

Re: Copyright

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Luis Fillipe Santos

This man is a thief, he has stolen my HTML code and presented it as his own. Furthermore he presents all your efforts and work as his own. I have reported him to his new hosting company for plagiarising this site just as he did 12 months ago.
The work listed on this webpage members/parts.htm is the original html written by myself and has been copyrighted for some years. The individual who has just 'copy/pasted' the code over to their site and listed it as copyright to themselves is a thief. Approximately one year ago this individual did exactly the same thing on another host. The work is my intellectual property and I can confirm this with several hundred testimonials if you require. The 'alternative parts' list represents years of research by my members and myself and I find it deeply offensive that this individual once again just plagiarises my work and lists it as his own.

His copy http://www.freewebs.com/luisfilipesilva ... eparts.htm

Further to my first report I find he has copied this direct from my website too ......

This is my page /pages
members/lubrication.htm
members/oilfilter.htm

His copy http://www.freewebs.com/luisfilipesilva ... cation.htm
Feel free to visit his site and report him using the link at the top of his page :rant:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:46 am

Oh My God NOT Again. Whats with this Idiot.
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

firequeen

Post by firequeen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 pm

He obviously doesn't have the brains to realise that people will notice! Perhaps he thinks we don't visit other sites!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional !!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
"Oh C**P.......she's awake!! "

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:19 am

THIS GUY is a joke, :cray: to steal the information off this site and try to say that he owns it ...............................................................

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:43 pm

I think he's a _ _ _ _ _ _ to be quite honest , i dont think he own's any of the info or pics on his site , i have seen all the stuff on his site in all different places over the net and as far as i'm aware he owns none of it . Quite alot is from this site , maybe more than you may think . Where is this guy from or should i say what stone did he crawl from under .
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 pm

OK, I have done a little research and a bit of legal reading and pursued this issue a bit more.

I decided that to chase all the problems might confuse or cloud the issue and result in protracted exchanges that would result in nothing being done. As the alternative parts page was a direct copy, even using the same framed structure, I chased this on its own .....

As of this morning his webhost has deleted his web page relating to the alternative parts list that was a straight copy of mine :yahoo:

As this seems to have set the precedent, I have now followed this up with a request to remove the rest of his website that is copied from here.

Lets hope this idiot gets the message. :good:

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Very well done :good:
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Well there's further development. :grin:

His hosting company has taken the whole site down :yahoo:

Take a look here

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Reply from his host
Thank you for notifying the Webs Abuse Department regarding a violation on a site hosted by us. Violations and abuses of our services are taken very seriously. With the enormous number of sites hosted by us, we are unable to catch violations before they happen, and at times, even after they have taken place.

All complaints and notifications are investigated and the site manager notified about the complaint and action that may be needed should they be in violation of our Terms-of-Service. Should action not be taken, the site is frozen pending deletion, unless corrective steps are taken.

We do not freeze or delete sites without investigating the complaint or notification since we do receive a large volume of false or incorrect accusations of such abuses.

You should also understand that although Webs does take responsibility for the content on sites that we host, we do not have the authority to investigate all issues, nor to prevent future violations. You should use your best judgment to contact an attorney or local authorities depending on the violation and what actions you feel need to be taken to prevent future violations by the offender.

Thank you for notifying us about the violation. We hope to take the appropriate action as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Webs Abuse Department
:rules: :rules:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 am

Well done Alan :thumbsup: lets hope the Idiot takes note this time. :rules:

All the Hard Graft, Work and Personal Expense that you put into this site for the benefit of Mindie owners should remain on this site and this site only, for the information of the members Here. :thumbsup:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

dangerfield

Post by dangerfield » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:29 pm

I'm impressed! Well done for keeping your eye on the ball, Alan. :clapping:

We all appreciate the valuable information available on your great site, this a nice result from a web host who seems to care!

Some small minded loser thinking he could steal at will from his dark corner vantage point. Good you kept the moral high ground, as you say raising every issue would have perhaps resulted in 'nil poins (french accent required,eurovision style!)

Keep up the good work!

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm

nice 1 alan :good: ,its worth us all keeping a look out 4 people like him,taking information and getting the credit for it when u set all the information on this site