Mahindra CL 340 need to change the springs bushings

Technical questions and answers
Facfa67

Mahindra CL 340 need to change the springs bushings

Post by Facfa67 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:38 pm

I have a Mahindra Classic ( CL 340 from 1997 ) and i need to change the springs bushings, does the CJ3B bushings fit ?

stephen

Re: Mahindra CL 340 need to change the springs bushings

Post by stephen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:12 pm

most likely, but original MAHINDRA manufactured bushes are available from AHMED in India, great bloke to deal with.
Very reliable, and prices are damn good too.

If you need aftermarket synthetic bushes, I am pretty sure all early jeeps shared common bushes, so CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ3B, CJ340 / CL340 etc are worth checking out.

It shouldn't be too long before other fellas check in with more comments.

Contact details for AHMED are to be found at the top of the TECHNICAL section, in the SUPPLIERS listing.
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

stephen

Post by stephen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

The only real difference between a CJ340, and a CL340 Mahindra, is the second letter.......

Mahindra were instructed by the USA manufacturers of JEEPS, that they could no longer use the CJ [Civilian Jeep] designation, so MAHINDRA changed to CL [Classic Jeep]

For all intents, my late 1980's CJ340DP Mahindra should have all the same suspension components as your late 1990's CL340 Mahindra.

Off the top of my head, you probably have a later version engine [due to EU emission regulations], and possibly different cosmetic trim.
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

Facfa67

Post by Facfa67 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Thank you for your awnsers , my Mahindra CL 340 was assembled in Grece and i bought it in Lisbon Portugal it has a Peugeot Diesel engine. I will now look for bushingm my problem with bring the parts from India is Taxes, i Bought some parts from Impex conpany in India last year and Costums taxed me more then if i had send them from the US. I can find this bushes in Europe , Germany or Uk and there are no costums dutys from EU countrys, thaks i will post a picture wen i can. :clap:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm

finding parts in the uk is dismal.
stuff I've had from Ahmed in india I've never paid duty on, ?
must be Portugal trying to up there GDP. :-( thieving buggers. :banghead:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.