Sudden lack of water ???

Technical questions and answers
Andy4033

Sudden lack of water ???

Post by Andy4033 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:46 am

Hi All

Well getting along just fine STARTER STARTING most of the time, THEN after using all day stop start and so on pulling trees out noticed the Oil light flickering on coming down the hill, not to self check oil in morning. :grin:

Oil fine on the top mark and has been for ever, no white cream round the filler just a lot of condensation. :grin:

Drove 5 minuits and she was boiling over stem and all sorts of nonsense running rough. Cleaned the fuel filter out lots of cxxx in the bole filled with water and started perfect :beg: :lol:

Worked all day checking the water no problems :good: parked up returned two days later :scratch: no water :rant: No sign of a leek but enough stem out of the breather hose to run a steam train. About 2 ltr missing.

If i do an OIL change and no water in oil then where is it going I ask. :read: :banghead:

Any Ides would be greatly appreciated on what to look for.

Andy w

Still trying to move on :thumbsup:

Andy4033

Re: Sudden lack of water ???

Post by Andy4033 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Quick update

2 ltrs of water and just sitting during the day it has not moved a millimeter :scratch:

Andy4033

Post by Andy4033 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Sit rep

working this morning water 1.5 ltrs added :grin: running fine ad to pull a tree out doing so must have freed something as Oil blown out of the breather pipe all over the inside of engine bay. What a mess.

Still a lot of moisture in the oil :rolleyes: but BLACK and not mixed with water :scratch:

Oil light went out coming down the hill. :yahoo:

Going to change oil later will keep you informed. :wave: :tease:

Andy4033

Post by Andy4033 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi All

Due to the increasing amount of oil coming out of the breather pipe I fitted a bottle to collect and replace. This has become white AND well fizzy so something is broken :scratch: :rant: :rant:

Made a tool to turn the square inset nut to change oil tested while cold and worked fine drove up the hill fast and getting hotter by the second slipped it in and SNAP :banghead: :banghead: so will mike a new tourney thing for later. in the meantime

The lack of water has stopped :read: and holding what would be the best fix for the interior leak.

EGGS, Sawdust some leak stop ?? what would you use. :rules:

Andy France

Andy4033

Post by Andy4033 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 pm

So

Oil change glad i had a 15l paint tub must be 10 to 12 ltrs in the pot :banghead: :banghead: :read:

No Water in oil ????? 5ltrs in up to the mark :D so the light has not lit up :lol: yet.

Water is safe and sound in the water part no inclusion to motor and running well.

I might have to remove the 3mm shims the starter is still missing sometimes but as long as the button is quick then it starts second time. must have worn in a bit the clutch that is.

will keep you informed :grin:

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Wed May 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Sounds like head gasket