Help

Technical questions and answers
mickm

Help

Post by mickm » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Out in the jeep today with my son covered some 80 miles or so, but when we stopped he managed to pull the wires of both flasher units OMG big footed sod, all 6 wires came out and I have not got a clue where they go.
6 wires in total x 2 flasher boxes, I have 2 earths one live all the time and 1 live with ignition on, guess other 2 are signal?

Help please I have no hazards or indicators pictures would be great

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHRIS

Re: Help

Post by CHRIS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

Mick
If it's the flasher units I don't think you will do much damage in putting the wires on and trial and error, they'll either work or they won't
The permanently live one is obviously for the Hazard flasher, and the live with ignition will be your indicators

I'll get a pic of mine on Thursday if you want to be certain, mine are hanging from dash at the moment so I can take a pic easily

Chris

mickm

Post by mickm » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:31 am

Hi Chris
Managed to find out the correct wiring sequence as flasher unit has numbers, having researched this on the net. Numbers as follows

31= earth
41= live
41a= signal [THUMBS UP SIGN]

This worked ok hazards working fine, but still carnt work out my original problem? My indicators are wired to the dash board via a toggle switch( military dash) flasher unit works fine but indicators don't flash worked fine for past 2 months, all wires still connected so not sure what to check next, checked voltage at flasher and it is 12v [THUMBS UP SIGN] but at the toggle switch it reads 6volts how does that work? Not sure why I have a voltage drop? What should I check next?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Mick,
Can't really think of anything obvious, if the flasher unit is working o.k I'd just check you've got 12v leaving the flasher unit to indicators (orange and blue wires) and if you have then problem must be between there and indicator units, probably earth, but I know the feeling, it seems every time I touch the electrics on a Mahindra something goes wrong (fiat !) I've had problems like that and have just left the half an hour and then they've worked fine, which is even more annoying as you don't know when it will happen again the next time !!
A good place to start would be the earth in most cases !!

Good luck

Chris