Water retention or lack of it

Technical questions and answers
Andy4033

Water retention or lack of it

Post by Andy4033 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi to all owners and runners.

Well its that time of year running round chopping, cutting, splitting wood for next year. When spotted water running from under the bonnet while reversing to the garage.

Stopped looked found a leek just a little one but never the less a long one, just like the first one of the day. :thumbsup:
On closer inspection filling and watching it leak out it seams to be coming from the rear of the fan hub where all the belts run round, also the fan hub and belt pulleys are loos.

Could this be the center spindle of the water pump I HOPE SO and is it an easy fix.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Up a mountain in a cloud of steam

Alan
Site Owner

Re: Water retention or lack of it

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 pm

I can almost guarantee that the water pump has expired.
The water leak you can see will be coming from the tell tale in the pump housing.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Andy4033

Re: Water retention or lack of it

Post by Andy4033 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Thanks for that

Bad news ??? at least it did't blow the top end and gave me a chance to fix it first :good:

Cant be as bad as the Bxxxxxxx Starter removal at least its at the front of the Bxxxxx thing :banghead:

I have used it quite a bit today filling with 20 ltrs and she did move 2000 kg of wood down the mountain :grin:
But the wobbly bit has got so wobbly have decided to sort it out before all the bits fall of and smash something important up.

Ahmed how are you ?

Andy

Wet and hot Nuts out ( if only )