Diesel Tank

Technical questions and answers
Andy4033

Diesel Tank

Post by Andy4033 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi It's Mucky

I would also like to remove the water filled Diesel tank or empty it?

Could i just use an empty Jerry can and fitted behind passengers seat with pipework attached But has it got a pump inside or just a feed pipe along with Gage.

Andy

stephen

Re: Diesel Tank

Post by stephen » Tue May 01, 2018 4:20 am

no pump in my tanks,

I have seen damaged or rusted out fuel tanks in Tojo's, Zook's, Trolls and 1 x mindie replaced with plastic boat tanks - as used for outboard motors.

Usually they were strapped to the floor of the tray, or over the rear wheel arch.

A plastic boat tank has the advantage of a fuel gauge, but normally needs to be sitting flat, where a plastic jerry can could be stuck in a jerrycan rack bolted anywhere - behind the front fender would work.

One of the 'trolls had the tank strapped to the roof, as the gravity feed helped ease the workload for the worn fuel pump.

Note - a big killer of diesel injector pumps is running dry due to sucking air, so any help given to the injector pump via gravity or an auxilliary electric pump can be seen as cheap insurance.
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

GRANDAD

Re: Diesel Tank

Post by GRANDAD » Tue May 01, 2018 7:36 pm

HI I REMOVED MT FUEL TANK FOR CLEANING IT WAS FULL OF PIN HOLES ... IN EXTENDED THE FLOW AND RETURN PIPE IN TO A 25L PLASTIC CONTANER DRILED 2 HOLES IN PLASTIC LID AND PUT IT IN PASSINGER FOOT WELL IT RAN FINE FOR MONTHS I THINK THERE IS A PICTURE IN THE GALLARY ........... HOPE THIS HELPS :hello: