Forum Sections

The place for general discussion about all things general, in a generally general manner
Alan
Site Owner

Forum Sections

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 pm

OK folks,

What would you like to see in the forum besides the sections that are already here ?

I am in the process of sorting a gallery for all the pictures we have.

Alan.

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Re: Forum Sections

Post by monsterc10 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:46 pm

The gallery sounds a good idea , apart from that i think youve got it all well sorted . Its a very good site and i'm very pleased i found it . credit to you for it Alan
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Time to raise the issue again, what would you like to see on the forum ?

A satisfactory standalone gallery solution was never acquired and I think is no longer required (or is it) because we now use the forum section of that name.

Any ideas you have, post them here and I'll have a look at the feasability.

Alan.

monsterc10
Technical Expert

Post by monsterc10 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:35 pm

I think if it isnt broke , dont fix it ;) the site is very well set up and user friendly as is , and its very easy find a topic that covers what you need most of the time in one way or another :good:
THROTTLE WIDE OPEN + MUD = FUN ! THEN LOT'S OF HOUR'S WASHING AND FIXING

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:51 am

Agree 100% here, well laid out, works fine, and as Ben says if it ain't broke lets brake it, ??? NO no, :scratch: i mean if it ain't broke leave it alone :D :thumbsup: :good:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

munky

Post by munky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Looks fine the way it is I think. The gallery would be an idea but the forum section the way it is works quite well. Anything new added gets bumped to the top of the list rather than hunt through different sections.

The fewer forum sections you have the better IMHO. That way it's not confusing where to put your post and the site admins don't spend half their time moving posts around to where they should be.

Keep up the good work Alan :good:
Good judegement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 pm

munky wrote:Looks fine the way it is I think. The gallery would be an idea but the forum section the way it is works quite well. Anything new added gets bumped to the top of the list rather than hunt through different sections.

The fewer forum sections you have the better IMHO. That way it's not confusing where to put your post and the site admins don't spend half their time moving posts around to where they should be.

Keep up the good work Alan :good:
There you go Alan :wave: you must have got it right, as It's not often we need to move posts around to put them where they should be.
This means the layout of the forums is simple to follow even for a novice.
The search box works very well when finding older posts on a particular subject. unlike another forum i moded on a while ago :ugeek: .
Too many subject headers on a forum is a nightmare :shock: this forum works well and is excellent in subject matter and layout. :good: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

dingdongbell

Post by dingdongbell » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:24 am

Iam new to the register and not good with keyboards etc , still finding my way round . Iam not finding it difficult & enjoying learning about all the different things you have found , trial & error , or other . Please dont change anything its good ! . Regards dingdongbell .

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:53 pm

I think the currnt site works well Alan. I hated it when they changed ebay a while ago just after I'd got used to it, and I think this is one site I can come to and log on, do my bit, and log off without at some stage having to walk across the lounge to retrieve my laptop!!