lec zone

The place for general discussion about all things general, in a generally general manner
rev.tyrone
Reverend

lec zone

Post by rev.tyrone » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 am

how many other jeep oners have to sell moter due to new zone in london i am one. if not i have to pay £100 per day to park outside my home 360 days a year so i have to sell it i will ofer it to members first a full 12 month mot 6 moth road tax offers of £2500 at least :preach:

Ieuan

Re: lec zone

Post by Ieuan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

That's a shame!!! and a HUGE amount of money that you have to pay!

I don't have the issue as I'm in the West of England, but got a shock last week with the tax amount I had to pay, so could only afford 6 months at £118 (Keeping this from the wife :blackeye: )

Cheers

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

rev.tyrone wrote:how many other jeep oners have to sell moter due to new zone in london i am one. if not i have to pay £100 per day to park outside my home 360 days a year so i have to sell it i will ofer it to members first a full 12 month mot 6 moth road tax offers of £2500 at least :preach:

just did a check for mine and got this >>>

Check the compliance details held for a vehicle

Your vehicle's status may change in the future due to changes to emissions standards or types of vehicles affected, or if your LEC or RPC has expired

Vehicle: KKZ1087

Date: 03 Nov 2011 to 02 Jan 2012

What does not subject to the Low Emission Zone mean?

03 Jan 2012 to onwards

Not Subject to LEZ

What does not subject to the Low Emission Zone mean?

If you disagree you can get advice on completing a Vehicle Compliance Application. :scratch: WTF ..
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

kev
Technical Expert

Post by kev » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 pm

just checked mine same has keith on my grey 1and red1? NO PROBLEMS
OMG CHECKED THE GREY 1 AND NOT COMPLIANT
03 Jan 2012 to onwards :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
LINK IF ANY 1 WOULD LIKE TO CHECK
https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb ... eVRM.faces

stephen

Post by stephen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:14 am

the way I read it- if the vehicle is under 1.205 tonnes, the zone doesnt apply.

so- can you put your mindy on a diet, (unbolt any extra metalwork like roo bars, roll bars, take off the canvas and its frame, take out the second fuel tank, temporarily fit lighter wheels & tyres from a suzuki, minimal battery, almost empty the remaining fuel tank, remove the spare wheel and its mounting, remove or drain washer bottle etc)

anything to lose weight, then take it over a weighbridge and have it certified as below the weight limit?

my Western Australian rego papers state my CJ340 DP 4WD (aussie spec) is :
1773kg agg (empty)
2773 gross combined mass (max. allowed all up weight of loaded vehicle and trailer),

but the mahindra factory manual puts the curb weight at 1280kg, and gross vehicle weight at 1773kg.
I dont know exactly how these figures are obtained.
I suspect the factory curb weight is an empty basic vehicle,
while the factory gross vehicle weight probably includes 2 full tanks, 2 passengers, roll bar, canvas and frame, spare wheel and 1/4 ton payload.

if the curb weight of (1280kg) is what the London mayor is basing the restriction on, and you only need to get down to 1205, it might just be possible.
there is also a "historic" category for older vehicles- as mindies are "faithfull reproductions of" they might sneak in under that category if you know who (and how) to ask.

stephen.
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Mines not affected !

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

I've had a chat with Kev, cos mine is 'non compliant' too.

We think we've uncovered why some are and some aren't ...

Mine is registered as PLG (Private Light Goods)
Kev's 'compliant' motor is registered as a 'Utility Vehicle'

Have a look on your V5's people and lets see what they say ...

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Miss Saigon, Light Utility 4x4. (compliant) :good:

The Marksman, farm hack, PLG. (non-compliant) :shock:

Looks like you have hit the nail on the head, Light Utility isn't a problem at the start of LEZ 2012. only PLG's seem to be the problem for the powers that be for now.

I was always under the impression that our Jeeps should be classed as Utilities, Looks like owners of PLG registered Jeeps need to get DVLA to change their taxation class to Light Utility to become Compliant. :good:

Only draw back there would be Toll Roads and Bridges/ Tunnels will try to charge you Goods vehicle fees. which is what i found when I had the Hardtop or softop on with no side windows at the Dartford Crossing, but with no top I used to be charges as a car.

Wonder how long it will take for London to get wised up and close the loop hole. :scratch:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Just to throw a spanner into your theory, it says mine isn't affected by LEZ, and my jeep is registered PLG !

Surely the LEZ is going to affect larger vehicles.so those registered as Light Utility need to get theirs changed to PLG !

Cooter

Post by Cooter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

i was told bu some landy guys that it was utility on the logbook that was the problem
I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Well fecked if I know then, I do know Its just a damned wheeze to get more money out of us poor mugs and into the vaults of the powers that be. :shock:

Alan
Site Owner

Post by Alan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Just double checked I hadn't got meself in a muddle, mine is defo a PLG on the V5 and this what the LEZ website says

Code: Select all

06 Nov 2011 to 02 Jan 2012        Not Subject to LEZ

03 Jan 2012 to onwards         Non-Compliant
so :scratch:

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 am

Have I possible sussed it, looks like the jeeps that are compliant are the re-reged ones with irish plates, maybe thats summin to do wiv it. mine, chris's and one of kevs are re-reged ones. Maybe ??? :beg:

Ieuan

Post by Ieuan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 am

I've just checked my Brave, the V5 states:
- Mahindra
- Indian Brave
- Private/Light Goods
- 1760 KG Gross

Then went on to the LEC websites and entered my Reg to see the attached message

So mine is also non-compliant from the 3rd Jan onwards - a bit worrying if the rest of the country follws Londaon with this!!!

Cheers
Attachments
LEC.jpg
LEC.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 4751 times

rev.tyrone
Reverend

Post by rev.tyrone » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am

need to know if any others of 1995 import brave are complante they have said that it was imported as goods so not to pay vat :preach: