lec zone

The place for general discussion about all things general, in a generally general manner
cheiftain
Technical Expert

Re: lec zone

Post by cheiftain » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

rev.tyrone wrote:need to know if any others of 1995 import brave are complante they have said that it was imported as goods so not to pay vat :preach:
Hi Rev, Miss was PLG when first redged in 1991 and I paid VAT :( after rebuilding it and changing engine to a 2.5ltr the V5C came back as a "light utility 4x4" not plg.

wish you luck with getting it sorted. :thumbsup:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

rev.tyrone
Reverend

Post by rev.tyrone » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 pm

found the answer the lez do not know the kerb weight if your plate under bonit reads 1200 or less then send the expt form to lez with a phto of plate as the lez startes at 1250 so cars under this are expempt you should do this soon as posiable as it takes time to regaster :preach:

stephen

Post by stephen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 am

as an exercise, I just put the details of my cj340 into the LEZ thingy-

first time throughI put the weight as in the over 1205kg class- and it said I was non- compliant,

second time through I put it in the under 1205kg class- and was compliant.

I still reckon its worth trying to pull some weight out of your mindy and take it through a weighbridge and if you are under the limit- apply for a change.

must be some way around this for you?
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

rev.tyrone
Reverend

Post by rev.tyrone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:19 pm

took it to weighbridge took all out just enough deisal to get there weight was 1500kg cannot remove any other bits so it has to go :preach:

stephen

Post by stephen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 pm

has anyone tried the "HISTORIC VEHICLE EXEMPTION"

with the mindies being a faithful reproduction of the jeeps that the exemption applies to, you have a pretty good chance of getting exemption as well.

must be worth a shot!
Stephen
--------------

stephen

Post by stephen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 am

The exemptions listed on the LEZ webpage also show you can convert to spark ignited gas- no idea how that is done, or you can fit a particulate filter, both sound pretty expensive.

Off road vehicles such as tractors and farm machinery are exempt- which brings a real narrow loophole for Aussie spec CJ340B mindies- they are fitted with the 5.38 ratio diff's and the power take off, both which were intended to be used to run agricultural accessories.

Ages ago, I saw an american bloke selling early promotional films on ebay - showing CJ3B's fitted with plows, mowers, snow plows, grader blades, post hole augers, rakes and all sorts of ag. uses.

If you didnt mind having the mounting points for a simple plow bolted onto your mindie- and the hydraulic pump to run it off the power take off- thats another option you could try.

You could hook a power steering pump to the PTO to operate a ram to lift and lower the plow.
A plow or rake would be the easiest as they only need lifting and lowering- no rotating parts.

then its both (sort of) historicly agricultural ;)
If you can get the ok from the LEZ wallahs- the pump, mounts and plow/rake are pretty easy to put together- the hardest part is finding a big old plow to cut up for the plowshares to make one about the width of a mindie- but these big old plows are often found rusting away on farms.

maybe someone over your way can contact the LEZ mob and ask the questions- bit hard for me being on the sunny side of the world :scratch:

come on fellas- dont just roll over- give it a fighting chance and think about ways of beating them with thier own rule book :beg:
Stephen
--------------

rev.tyrone
Reverend

Post by rev.tyrone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm

bit late now got a new 4x4 dvla swansy rang me today they had cheaked out my claim and said to me that they want to change the d.3 body type light 4x4 utility to convertable which will then make it exempt for the zone they have changed mine so you have a prefrance to change yours so when the zone is done in other towns mahindras are expempt will let you know how this progress when i get new log book (still got to sell now no mony after getting new one) :preach:
Last edited by rev.tyrone on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheiftain
Technical Expert

Post by cheiftain » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

That good news and bad, shame you already got a new 4x4 :cray: stange thing is my mindy still comes up as ok for the LEZ and mine is reged as 4X4 light utility. :scratch:
The journey isn't about departing in a well preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways - totally worn out - shouting HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Be More like a Dog, If you can't, Eat it, Play with it, Chase it, or Bark at it, Just Piss on it and walk away.

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 pm

My brave is non compliant, will look in to this
Nuns!! no sense of humour!

rev.tyrone
Reverend

Post by rev.tyrone » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:55 pm

now have log book back i am a only owner of a body type convertiable mahindra cj3 private light goods which puts me out of the light 4x4 utility so now exempt for zone. this can be the way to go for others which are not exempt :preach:
Attachments
logbook.jpg

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Brilliant!! :good: good job Rev will try and sort mine in January :hello: thank you
Doug

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Simple solution, move away from the smoke ! ..........Mind you,give it 6 months and these zones will be cropping up everywhere, especially when they realise how much cash they bring in !!

holte999

Post by holte999 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:05 pm

M reg 'Minnie' is exempt. Not much good to me as dont think I will be taking her to London, anywhere further than 20 miles from my house is classed as a TFTG zone. (Too Far To Go Zone)

armourerdoug

Post by armourerdoug » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Did anyone else do what the Rev did? Gilly needs to get Double Deuce done as he lives in Uxbridge and its inside the LEZ zone :banghead:

rhys

Post by rhys » Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 am

Hi guys,

I've been driving my mahindra in the LEZ on an almost daily basis for the past 5 years now and I've just last week received a letter saying it will be non compliant and that I'll have to pay £100/day from now on.

I rang them up and asked whats changed and they said nothing and couldn't explain the letter so I'm a bit confused now.

Can anybody help?

I've done some research and my log book says 'not recorded' next to vehicle type so is there a complaint vehicle type that I could ask the dvla to fill in that space and hopefully make the vehicle compliant?

Any help is much appreciated.

How did everybody else here get around the LEZ?

Cheers

Rhys