THE DEALER :- "STARKEY MOTORS"

The place for general discussion about all things general, in a generally general manner
peterha

THE DEALER :- "STARKEY MOTORS"

Post by peterha » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:51 am

you might remember my previous posts on trying to get the basic spare parts, filters etc for my MAHINDRA XUV500 7 SEATER,
well the situation has got even worse after my first accident in 30 years, STARKEY MOTORS of KIPPARING gave my auto repairer despicable service providing the parts. it was almost pure arrogance and the last issue was them taking almost 2 weeks to replace a faulty GPS/main console display. And can you believe it when I complained to MAHINDRA SALES in Brisbane sth-side they said there was no other dealer in Brisbane I could buy from.
NEVER BUY FROM STARKEY MOTORS

stephen

Re: THE DEALER :- "STARKEY MOTORS"

Post by stephen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:04 pm

If service is so bad over there, how about trying another dealership in Australia, or even give Ahmed an email.
Chances are that he can supply bits for your modern Mindie as easily as our old school relics.

A 2 week wait for parts from the Aussie distributor probably means they don't keep the item in stock here - and have them sent from India whenever they need them.
Stephen
--------------
(I'm one of those damn colonials rattling his chains)

stephen

Post by stephen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:07 pm

A bit of vaguely related trivia,

I am pretty sure Starkeys were one of the original importers of WILLYS JEEPS into Australia.

I had no idea the company was still running / maybe the name was resurrected?
Stephen
--------------

stephen

Post by stephen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi Pete,

this mob might be able to help with parts - they are wrecking a few recent model Mahindra's.

http://www.newmodelwreckers.com.au/carw ... -archive-2
Stephen
--------------