Turn signal failure

Technical questions and answers
Nitin

Turn signal failure

Post by Nitin » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi all

After I got the MOT on my jeep a few weeks ago, the turn signals stopped working! The hazard lights are ok and fully functioning.

I tried replacing the relay and cleaning connections on the back two indicators (one of them sometimes doesn't come on when hazards or indicators are on) - no luck.

I have attached pictures of the original Halfords relay and of the relay I have replaced it with, even tried swapping the terminal plugs to see if that made any difference (out of desperation) - pretty sure this relay should do the job?

They were previously working, so I am trying to locate where the earthing point would be for the turn signals.

Does anyone know where the earthing point for the turn signal relay would be as the wire from the relay goes to a harness and I lose it then!

Or would anyone know what would be the next best thing to try?

Thanks in advance.

GRANDAD

Re: Turn signal failure

Post by GRANDAD » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:19 pm

hi welcome to sight .. I had same problem last year .. my mate helped me I think he linked a earth wire to the indicators to the battery and also the side repeaters and also check the bulb holders hope this helps .. when you have time put some pics of jeep on :hello:

landijeep

Post by landijeep » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

I originally encountered similar problems with my jeep.

The cause of my faults with the indicators suddenly not working was the fact that the connections for the indicators all plug into the Hazard Light switch. (the cluster of four switches on the dash)

My advice is:
Remove each cable one by one - clean the connectors and push the cables back on.
You can tighten any loose spade connectors with a pair of pliers - So they hold more securely.

It was as simple as that for my jeep.

Good Luck.

Nitin

Post by Nitin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:12 pm

landijeep wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm
I originally encountered similar problems with my jeep.

The cause of my faults with the indicators suddenly not working was the fact that the connections for the indicators all plug into the Hazard Light switch. (the cluster of four switches on the dash)

My advice is:
Remove each cable one by one - clean the connectors and push the cables back on.
You can tighten any loose spade connectors with a pair of pliers - So they hold more securely.

It was as simple as that for my jeep.

Good Luck.
Tried this and it worked straight away!

Thanks for the help 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽